Automated, continuous verification of HIPAA compliance
If you are a provider that implements and manages electronic Personal Health Information (ePHI) systems, you are subject to HIPAA. As a result, your organization must follow specific safeguards to protect confidential data.
HIPAA originated in a desire by legislators to prevent health care fraud and abuse. In particular, they focused on the security and privacy of electronically stored patient information.
The resulting legislation, HIPAA, requires IT organizations to establish access control, audit control and change monitoring processes to protect patient information.
We can help you do that. We created SignaCert® Integrity™ to verify, automatically and continuously, that your organization meets and exceeds HIPAA requirements.
SignaCert® Integrity™ proves HIPAA compliance by:
- Assessing the state of your systems against HIPAA standard references
- Detecting and alerting when unauthorized changes occur on monitored systems
- Generating reports that demonstrate historical HIPAA compliance
Below are just a few examples of the HIPAA controls that Integrity™ verifies continuously.
- 164.312(a)(1): Access Control
- 164.312(a)(2)(i): Unique User Identification
- 164.312(a)(2)(iii): Automatic Logoff
- 164.312(b): Audit Controls
- 164.312(c)(1): Integrity
- 164.312(d): Person or Entity Authentication